Friday, October 29, 2010

DEWDROPS OF SUNSHINE

here's another yuri-taeyang shot... idk, kinda loving this pairing... should I write some more???? hehe



DEWDROPS OF SUNSHINE


She laid the teaspoon on the saucer and lifted the cup of coffee to her lips. She cursed when she realized how cold it was. She has been unconscious for the past thirty minutes she sat in the coffee shop. She hated waking up so early in the morning just to be stood up again. Her eyes fell on the brown envelope beside her cup.


He phoned last night saying he only got a few hours to spare for the meeting. Finally, she told herself. She did not care to ask where he would be flying again for it doesn’t interest her anymore. They have drawn the line for almost a year now and finally she decided to make it formal.


He was nowhere to be found most of the time— running here and there. Not that she was chasing him but she has to make him stop for that short time and give her something she wanted. She took the documents out of the envelope and reread the contents. She sighed heavily as she traced her own signature on that piece of paper that would change their whole lives.


It took her five days and a half to lay a hand on that paper and he, on the other hand, five… five stupid months.


Glancing on the shop’s clock again, she muttered with disgust. He has been keeping her waiting for her entire life and even now. She hated him so much that she could not wait to cut the last cord that binds them together. She counted one to ten, if he doesn’t show up she will leave.


One… two… three… four… five… six… seven… eight… nine… ten…


She shut her eyes tight and swallowed hard, damn him. She finished her second cup after pushing aside the cold one. Her neck started to ache on her constant turning whenever the chime attached to the door would make that annoying clanging. She gathered her courage and stood.


The door opened unexpectedly and she stood staring at the man in front of her breathing hard.


You wouldn’t want to know what I went through just to make it here.”


You wouldn’t wanna know what I went through waiting for you…” she walked past him brushing her shoulder to his.


Yuri-ah—“ the familiarity of that tone almost knocked her off her feet.


Dong Taeyang… I want to get through this as soon as possible,” she said stiffly then sat down on the nearest seat, “these are the documents.”


He remained standing as she focused on the envelope, “what? I thought you only have—“


My flight got canceled. Let’s take a walk first,” he said calmly and walked away leaving her staring at his back and listening to the clanging door.


She stood and walked with the kind of cadence that can never equal that of her racing heart when she saw his face again… the face she dreamed of just last night. She found him standing on the other side of the road, hands on his trench coat, with a broad smile as if he is too eager of why they were there.


I don’t—“


He took her hand much to her surprise and whistled as he walked, “haven’t been here for a long while… somehow nothing changed.”


His hand has that same warmth that held hers for years as they glided on the same street but she knows it was all so different from before. She kept up with him as she tried hard to free her hand from his but he seemed to be unwilling to let go.


You still have this little hand,” he smiled without looking at her as she searched his face with answers, “it still fits perfectly into mine.”


She managed to slip her hand off his or did he just loosen his grip? He stopped walking and rested his weight on the railings facing the park, “is there someone new?”


What are you talking about?” she stood behind him and realized that she has been holding the envelope with so much force that it has creases on the edges.


When I received the call from your lawyer that was the only thing I could think of.”


No… there’s no one…” she stood beside him and looked on the same direction as he does.


I chose to go away to give you space...”


Tae—“


I left because you said you could not breathe anymore— that I was suffocating you.”


He still remembered what she has long forgotten.


I left because I could no longer forgive myself for causing you so much pain,” he looked at her and smiled helplessly, “I will sign that paper because you want me to, not because I want to…”


Are you putting the blame on me?” she hated the way he would talk to her like that. She hated herself for suddenly forgetting why they ended up like that. What did he do before? Did she really tell him those words before?


I did not fly all the way here for another spitting bout,” he pinched her nose then he looked at his watch, “hmmmm… let me see, I still have 3 hours…”


You’re always good at that. All this time you are running your life with that stupid watch on your wrist. All my life I am just waiting stupidly for you to spare me what is left of your time.”


He smiled and raised his hand but suddenly withdrew, “why do I suddenly feel confused, Yuri-ah?”


Because you are stupid!” she raised her voice a little higher and doesn’t care anymore if she would end up crumpling the papers, “you are stupid not knowing you are the air I breathe and being without you is killing me!”


He stood dumbfounded as if he lost his tongue.


And now you came back and spared me this little time to breathe again and you will go back killing me! Don’t you know I managed to get on for one year without breathing? And now here you are in front of me making me breathe once more just to suffocate me again?”


A smile slowly formed on his lips as her voice wobbled with the breeze, “Yuri-ah, listen—“


No! You listen! Sign this damn paper right now or you’ll regret it for the rest of your life!” she shoved the document on his chest.


Is this what you really want?” he took out the papers and took out a pen and signed it in front of her.


What did she expect? For him to tear the documents? He is the most infuriating person she knows as he carefully straightened the crumpled paper, “here’s your freedom Kwon Yuri.”


Then he turned and started walking away from her, “no…” she managed to say with bowed head, “no… this is not what I want… I want you, you stupid jerk…”


He stopped dead on his track.


If not for this stupid divorce would you come back to me? I just wanted to see you… you asshole…” she murmured under her breathe but he was right in front of her to hear everything she uttered then she spat on his face, “ya! Go back to hell where you belong!”


She turned to the other direction and sprinted. She stopped and turned to see him standing still, “Pabooyah! Are you going to stand there and watch your life walk away from you?! Why are you such a hard person?!”


He scratched his head and bit his lower lip then weakly smiled at her, “do you know why it’s okay for me to divorce you now? It’s because I would be taking a second chance with you… with a clean sheet… but you are such an impatient bitch, Yuri-ssi.”


She could feel the late spring wind brushing on her cheeks as the fresh sunshine that heats up her skin kissed the remaining dewdrops of the rain last night. He put his arms around her shoulder and pinched her cheek once again, “Ouch! Damn you! Do that again, Dong Tae Yang, and I’ll give this stupid document to my lawyer!”








No comments: